Terms and Conditions
This system is for legitimate users only - all unauthorised access is prohibited. The use of the First aid learning for young people website is subject to the following terms and conditions which you should read carefully. By using the website you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions.
The British Red Cross has endeavoured to ensure that this website reflects the relevant guidance from informed authoritative sources, current at the time of launch. While the material contained here provides guidance on initial care and treatment, it must not be regarded as a substitute for medical advice.
We are often asked if someone could be sued for performing first aid incorrectly. Our role is not to advise on legal issues. However, where someone is acting in good faith to help save someone's life or prevent further injury, there is little risk of them being successfully sued for doing that.
This site is best viewed in Chrome43/44, Firefox 37/38, Safari 7/8 and Internet Explorer 9.0 and above.
The site is configured for a display resolution of 960px plus on desktop and down to 320px on mobile.
If you wish to print pages from this website (subject to the Terms and Conditions below) you will achieve best results by selecting portrait paper size.
The website features forms and factsheets which can be downloaded. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these documents. If you do not have this software on your computer you can download it for free from Adobe.
Video and image galleries require the latest version of Flash for your browser. You will need Adobe Flash to view these. If you do not have this software, or have an outdated version, you can download the latest version for free from Adobe.
When linking to this site, please do so within a new browser window, never within the frame of another site.
Terms and conditions
Use of this site is provided by The British Red Cross Society ("BRCS") subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
1) Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
2) BRCS reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
3) You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party. In addition you must:
3.1) use the site for information purposes only, for reproduction for personal use only and not for reproduction on any other website or for commercial gain.
3.2) notify and seek the approval of BRCS to any intended links to the website prior to making such links.
3.3) not copy, store in a retrieval system or transmit in any form or by any means any part of the website to any third party without the written permission of BRCS.
4) This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to BRCS and/or the worldwide Red Cross Movement are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will BRCS be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence except in the case of personal injury or death caused by BRCS.
5) BRCS does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
6) Copyright restrictions:
Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from BRCS. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by BRCS to use any item displayed.
The Red Cross and Red Crescent emblems are protected symbols under international and national laws. Use of these emblems by an unauthorised person is strictly forbidden.
Unless otherwise stated all images are copyright BRCS
7) The website may contain links to websites operated by parties other than BRCS. Such links are provided for your convenience only. BRCS does not control such websites, and is not responsible for their contents. BRCS’s inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. You are solely responsible for evaluating the accuracy and completeness of any information contained on the third party websites, and also the value and integrity of any goods and services offered by such websites.
8) Whilst BRCS makes all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses from the website it cannot ensure such exclusion and no liability is accepted for damage caused through the downloading of viruses. Therefore, you are recommended to take all appropriate safeguards before downloading information from the website.
9) BRCS reserves the right to vary any event registration fees and the prices of any goods or services listed without notice. All event registrations and orders for goods and services are subject to availability and BRCS reserves the right to refuse to accept any registration and to refuse to supply and goods or services to any individual.
10) Any loss incurred or sustained by you when transmitting information by means of e-mail or other internet links shall be borne solely and exclusively by you and in no event shall any such loss in whole or in part be borne by BRCS or its agents.
11) BRCS shall not be held to be in breach of its obligations hereunder nor liable to you for any loss or damage which may be suffered by you or any third party due to any clause beyond its reasonable control.
The First aid learning for young people website allows Users who are teachers or tutors to register to become Registered Users in order to create classes and courses in the “My groups” area.
The First aid learning for young people website allows Users who are students who have been given a passcode by their Teacher to register to become Registered Users in order to be able to access and complete classes and courses in the My Activity area set up by the Teacher.
In order to register with First aid learning for young people students must be aged 13 or older.
BRCS shall use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that School, Teacher and Student information held by BRCS is kept confidential, is used only in accordance with this agreement and is not disclosed to any third party. Disclosure of such information is permissible where BRCS is required to do so by law or with that School's, Teacher's, Student’s (or, where required, that Student’s parent’s) consent.
The Teacher agrees to personal information held by BRCS being used by BRCS from time to time in order to contact the Teacher and obtain feedback about the website. If the Teacher does not want to be contacted by BRCS, they should write to Youth Education Support Centre email@example.com.
Intellectual Property rights
The Educator is allowed to use and reproduce the Modules for the purposes of teaching at the education establishment only.
The Student is allowed to use and reproduce the Modules at the education establishment or with the Student’s parents or guardians for the purposes of that Student’s learning only.
Other than in relation to the circumstances set out at Clause 9 above, the content of the website, the Modules or any extracts from the Modules shall not be reproduced (by electronic means or otherwise), used, sold or lent without BRCS's prior written consent.
The educator acknowledges that the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in the Modules (including the form or manner in which the Modules are arranged or presented by BRCS) shall continue to be the property of BRCS.
British Red Cross
Terms and conditions for the prize draw
1) The prize draw closing date is noon on Sunday 22 July 2018. Entries received after this time will not be considered. The winner will be picked on Monday 23 July 2018.
2) The prize draw is open to everyone who has registered for Life. Live It. or First aid learning for young people from Monday 11 June to Sunday 22 July 2018. Both are free online first aid resources hosted by the British Red Cross. It is also open to people who have shared a first aid story by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
3) If you or your school has already registered for the resources you will be entitled to register again in order to be entered to the prize draw.
4) One winning school will receive a free place on an Emergency at work first aid training course provided by the British Red Cross. The course cannot be exchanged for an alternative prize.
5) The winning school will be notified of a series of dates and locations of where they can attend a course, they must choose to attend the course at a Red Cross training venue.
6) The winner will be notified by email. The winner must respond to the email within 14 days. If they do not respond within 14 days, they will forfeit the prize and Red Cross will select another winner.
7) If you have any questions on the prize draw, please email email@example.com.
8) Details of the winning school name and town location can be provided on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org